Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I thought I knew, but I didn't

I tried to upload a video from YouTube for a post, but it appears to have got lost somewhere in the the hinterlands of the Internet.

Loulou posted this quote on her blog a while ago:

"Sometimes only one person is missing, and the whole world seems depopulated."

Alphonse de Lamartine

I thought I knew what it meant, but now I realise that I only understood what it meant, which isn't the same thing at all. You can understand someone's feelings, but it takes a similar experience to know what that situation feels like.

Mr Outlines is working away at the moment. I'm almost annoyed with myself for missing him so much. Especially as missing him translates into me not wanting to do anything except sleep, watch bad tv and surf the internet. There are so many more positive activities that I could be doing, but I don't want to do anything except mope. I hope this passes, I have so many things I need to be doing instead.

I know you are not reading this, but I miss you, I miss everything.

7 comments:

Alina Popescu said...

I've developed a system of not missing the ones I love. I keep myself really busy and catch up with people I haven't seen in a while. But what I'd like to do is watch movies, surf the internet and sleep :)

poetic muslim said...

asalam alaykum sister I know how your feeling I go through this every now and then were I know I should be doing something but instead im just moping around becuase I feel so erged out .

ZaREeNA NAZREen said...

Assalamualaikum Ukhti.. I agree with Alina's comment. Cheer up Sis! :D

Ali la Loca said...

I understand!!!

Keeping myself busy is key. Also, doing little things for myself like having a hot bath, or having my nails done, or going to have lunch with friends always helps as well.

Hope you can be together again soon.

luckyfatima said...

coincidentally my dh is in london on business and all i can say is it's time to partay all day and eat cereal for dinner every night!

Safiya said...

Alina - Keeping busy is probably the best action to take.

Poetic Muslim - Walikum Salaam. I am a bit of a lazy moper (because I'm actually quite lazy generally, truth be told), but I'm trying to use my time constructively.

Zareena - Walikum Salaam and welcome to my blog! I am trying to be cheerful, I have felt a bit better of late.

Ali - I knew you would understand.
I'm trying to do treat type things to, I firmly believe that when times are hard, you need to make your life as nice as possible.

Luckyfatima - Not having to cook is a big bonus. I have also been having cereal for meals too (sometimes), it must be my inner student.

ABD said...

as-salam alaykum,

this is my first time on your blog (followed you here from umar lee's excellent blog).

your post on missing mr. outlines reminded me of a medieval chinese poem translated by ezra pound, "the river-merchant's wife: a letter". i did a post on it on our own blog, othermatters.org:

http://othermatters.wordpress.com/2006/08/31/ten-poems-li-bos-the-river-merchants-wife/

[if the link doesn't come through in entirety, just enter the poem title in our search bar]