Sunday, July 29, 2007

Random stuff huit

Tagged by Ali

1)When I'm by myself and in a good mood, I jump up and down, in sort of Tigger bounces. My Mum used to catch me doing it and nearly die laughing because it looks so odd.

2)Chun Li is one of my heroes. I can even remember looking around the games arcade on holiday. The title sticker had come loose on a machine. I stuck it back in place and read Street Fighter 2, I read through the list of characters and was thrilled to see that one was a woman. I can even remember her description: "Chun Li may not be a powerful, she her speed makes her opponents look like slow-moving tree slugs". I like hair buns too.

3)As seen the article above, I have an excellent memory for trivia, especially music trivia.

4)I don't like small spaces. I hate to admit it, as it sounds really weedy.
When I was in Egypt, we got some tickets to go in the second biggest pyramid, I took one look and the small entrance and all the tourists swarming into it and said that I felt unwell. In fact, more shameful then that, I lied and said I had period pains to get out of it.

5)I love to sleep and can sleep almost anywhere, with frequently embarrassing consequences.
I think sleep is one of the best things on Earth. When I can't just drift off to sleep I feel cheated of a great pleasure.

6)The second time I ever saw my husband, as soon as he walked in the room, I knew that I would marry him. I remember examining his face really closely, as I was absolutely certain that her would be my husband. Alhamdulilah.

7)Similarly, As soon as The Friend Who Introduced Me To Islam, gave me a copy of Yusuf Ali's English translation of the Qur'an, I knew that it would provide the answers I was looking for. The only thing I wasn't sure of is if I would have the strength to become Muslim.

8) Although I rarely mention them on here (as they don't know about the blog, so I don't want to write much without their permission), I love my parents so much, I get teary when I think about them. I think it's because I'm worried that they don't know how much I love them. I tell them, and show them, but it doesn't seem enough.

I'm not sure there's anyone left who hasn't done this, the only person I can think of is Warrior Princess.

8 comments:

otowi said...

That's pretty amazing about how you recognized your future husband that way.

Maxxed`ouT said...

I ditto Otowi.
It's very sweet and endearing.
I wish, one day, God will maybe bestow such a blissful feeling on me....

Alina Popescu said...

Wow, it's really great you could sense that about your husband! And that you have a way of doing things that are right for you!

As for your parents, I do have the same issue with my mom. I think I should try showing her more...

Safiya said...

Otowi -I guess it is amazing, I'm not usually that instinctive a person, but alhamdulilah.

Maxxed Out/Kaf - Insha Allah you will, it will just happen and you'll wonder why you every worried about it.
Put Allah swt first and everything will be ok, insha Allah and I say that as to a reminder to myself not just to you.

Alina - It never hurts to try, but I'm sure she knows how much you love her already.

poetic muslim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
poetic muslim said...

number one is defently me , I jump up and down like a tigger when I'm happy I still do and I'm like in my early 20 's grow up i tell myself . lol..about the husband I think its freaky you said that Because thats how I felt when I saw my husband then doubts came when I made istakhara still married him just because I thought maybe satan go with the first feeling ...now Im paying the price

Snowdrops said...

Yippeedoodleness! I like chun li from SF too! =D

Safiya said...

Poeticmuslim - Thank you for visting my blog. I'm really sad about your problems, I will make du'a for you and insha Allah I hope you find peace.

Snowdrops - I'm glad I'm not the only one. I love the word Yippeedoodleness. :)