Monday, July 02, 2007

I don't know

Why the U.K?

I don't know why. It will be no surprise to regular readers that I condemn the recent events in London and Glasgow. I see them as incompatible with my faith. I do not know, associate with, or go to lectures by any one who thinks otherwise. If I knew anyone planning such acts, I would report them to the authorities without hesitation.

Our mosque is open, with khutbahs given in English and Arabic. Community relations are good and the Lord Mayor is a regular visitor. Alhamdulilah, I am fortunate enough to be able to study with some wonderful shayukh. They are also horrified by these activities.

Life in the U.K for Muslims, despite being disliked by all sides of the media, is generally good. Compared to many other parts of the world, we are able to practice our religion with few restrictions.

This weekend, we've been shaking our heads. This comment on the Alternative Entertainment blog sums up my feelings very well:

# a Says:
July 2nd, 2007 at 5:08 am

subhan allah

what the hell is wrong with these people??

i’m actually seriously scared of them kicking us out of this country. is this what these terrorists want? that we all leave this country and go back to the so-called muslim countries? what? so that my brother has to shave his beard off so he has a chance of getting a job in one of those countries? absolutely disgusting. may Allah save us, ameen.


Ameen

1 comment:

Warrior Princess said...

I appreciate your honesty because i have this fear also, i was listening to 5live on the night of the attack and to be honest i could not blame non-muslims for the comments they made.

p.s- i like the new layout, looks great.