Monday, April 30, 2007

I Miss You

This was inspired a post called "Dear Husband" on Organic Muslimah's blog



I miss you,
but I haven't met you yet.
So special.
But it hasn't happened yet

...But if you believe in dreams
Or what is more important:
That a dream can come true,
I will meet you.

I Miss You by Bjork.

As a daydreaming teenager, I used to ponder about "The One". Who would he be? Where was he? Was he somewhere thinking about me?

These thoughts continued as I got older, though I still could not imagine being with him. Would you be that happy all the time? Would they love you for who you are or just what they liked about you? Would I love them in the same way?

Being settled with someone, having that other half, even after becoming Muslim, with a religion that strongly emphasises marriage, imagining being married felt like dreaming of being an astronaut, I could visualise it in my head, but it actually happening...?

When something wonderful happens to you, an event that's completely unexpected, in your mind you turn over all the coincidences that lead to it. The conference you decided to go on, the train you happened to catch. The sweetness of knowing only a few days prior to this, your mind was filled with other thoughts, unaware of the joy that awaited you.

I still can't believe it has happened, it's real, this is my life. This person by my side, my love, my best friend, my future.

I never knew I could love someone this much. That is the biggest surprise, that my heart was capable of such emotion. The more I know him, the more I love him, the good and the bad parts, they make him the person he is.

I want to grow old with him, have children with him, travel the world with him, grow as a Muslim with him.

I always tell him he is the second best thing to have happened to me, the first being to have converted to Islam.

A while ago, a friend of mine told me to "Be patient, You won't get more then what Allah swt has written for you" .

Alhamdulilah that He has written this. All blessings are from Him and all praise is due to Him. May Allah swt soften all our hearts. Ameen.

7 comments:

Organic-Muslimah said...

That was so sweet wallahi ya Safiya.

Thank you habibity....

Unique Muslimah said...

I'M SOOOOO HAPPY that you've got your soul mate :D THIS PROVES IT CAN HAPPEN! Make duaa for us:)

Sumera said...

Lovely. You're all making me cry!

Me said...

Ameen...

So glad you both found each other... sub7an Allah... He has it all written... and all in good time...

God bless you both :-)

Safiya said...

Thank you so much for all your kind words ladies. Alhamdulilah, it can happen, Allah swt is the best of planners.

Ali la Loca said...

Seems we are on the same wavelength, my friend!

Molly said...

aww I love this!!!! Allah bless you and your husband and keep you happy!

I love the thing in your "about me" section too. I converted loooooooooooong before my husband and before I married I was worried people would assume I converted because of him. Of course they do now that I'm married. But I guess I don't care. I correct them when and if its brought up, but I don't care if it never is.

even if I didn't convert for him, he surely is wonderful enough for me to have.

What a fabulous post, mashAllah. A million blessings on you.