Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Introducing Mr Outlines.....

.........or rather his blog which can be found here.

He's the only person in my offline life who knows about my blog. I didn't tell him about it until after we were married. It felt like a big thing to tell him. I remember I sat him down in front of the computer and told him in the space of one breath. Not everyone gets the point of blogging. Luckily he was completely unperturbed and became increasingly fascinated by it.

When we were setting up the blog, we discussed whether he wanted it to be an anonymous blog. At first he didn't see the point, but I felt it's better to start off anonymous and then decide to share your details, then the other way around, so he's vaguely anonymous for now.

I'm almost obsessively guarded about revealing any personal details. On his blog he's put the country we live in. That probably comes a no surprise to any regular reader of this blog, but it still felt like a major confession to me. Strangely, I find it easier to talk about myself when commenting on other blogs, maybe because then it feels more like a conversation rather then me baldly stating things.

Maybe one day, I'll want to say this is me and give all the details. I'm not ashamed of anything I've written here (except the typographical errors), I would say it all in person.

For now though, anonymity is the situation. It feels more comfortable this way.

2 comments:

otowi said...

Well, I think it is kind of a safety issue to be at least a bit anonymous about blogging. It is amazing how things put in the public sphere, even completely harmless, can be twisted by the not-so-well-intentioned.

You asked about exercise music - what kind of exercise do you do? I like instrumental music like Magic Sound Fabric or Ephemerid or Mars Lasar....

Alina said...

Yup, you are right. The country came as no surprise to me. As for anonymity, I tried that at first chose an alias, Kayla Vincent, and all. But kayla has been my IM alias since highschool, so it wasn't a full proof hiding place. Then i thought of revealing my real identity. To be honest, there are so many people in my country with that name, it's even better than Kayla Vincent :P