Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Offensive and really offensive

Offensive: Apparently Materazzi called Zidane, "the son of a terrorist whore' before adding 'so just f*** off' for good measure,"*

Really Offensive:The subsequent onslaught of articles talking about Zidane's "dark side" and his "demons from the past".
Yes, his family were poor and from abroad, but from the tone of some news reports you would think he was a subhuman raised by wolves. However, he is Arab, so it's obviously acceptable to talk about him in such terms.


*"Son of a terrorist whore" is a actually a really poor insult. Surely someone can't be a terrorist and a whore? I thought being a terrorist wouldn't leave much time for street-walking on the side.

4 comments:

Hajar said...

Boo-oo-oo!
Them folks jess ain't right!

luckyfatima said...

Whatever M. said I am still disappointed in Zidane's reaction. I guess what can be expected from sportsmen? I wanted France to win, too I guess cuz of Zidane. He sure is good looking, Mashallah, if it's okay for me to say :)

Safiya said...

Hajar - Couldn't have put it better myself.

Fatima - Admiration of cute sportsmen is welcome here ;)

Kasim said...

Zidane is not Arab. He is a Berber.
Materazzi called his sister a whore. That was all. Both players have recently confirmed this