Friday, April 14, 2006

Mmmmmeme

Tagged by Alina


1.Grab the book nearest to you, turn on page 18 and find line 4.
"The wariness went out of Spade's eyes. He made his eyes dull" The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett

2.Stretch your left arm out as far as you can.
I'm touching my trusty stepladder.

3.What is the last thing you watched on TV?
A documentary on Vladamir Putin. He is a very small man.

4.Without looking, guess what time it is?
01.46

5.Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?
01.47

6.With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
Listening to Ciara's album. It's actually pretty good, honest!

7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
From my friend's car to my door, was fumbling in my pocket for my house keys.

8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at?
Alina's blog.

9. What are you wearing?
Pyjamas.

10. Did you dream last night?
No, had a really deep sleep

11. When did you last laugh?
At my friend's house last night

12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
Really bright yellow paint (Not my choice of colour).Three pictures. One by Wassily Kandinsky, one by Paul Klee and the other by Neil Southmore. All of them are sort of rainbow coloured and I've just realised I've forgotten the names of them all, how shameful.

13. Seen anything weird lately?
A little boy (about eight of nine) sitting all by himself at the train station. I asked him if he was okay and he insisted he was, but he looked so lonely sitting there.

14. What do you think of this quiz?
Pretty interesting.

15. What is the last film you saw?
Lady Vengence. Nice slice of Korean darkness.

16. If you became a multimillionaire overnight, what would you buy?
New mosque for my city as the current one is far too small.

17. Tell me something about you that I dunno.
That I haven't grown out of wishing I had magical powers.

18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
As cheesy as it sounds, world peace is the first thing that springs to mind.

19. Do you like to dance?
I really, really, like to dance.

20. George Bush.
Oh hell no!

21. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
I really like the name Nur for a girl as it's simple and has a good meaning.

It's hard picking children's names as you have to find something that suits a child and an adult. The litmus test is this: Can you imagine calling them by this name loudly, in public (as parents frequently have to), without embarrassment. As well as that, I want to give them good Muslim names but they would have to be ones my Mum could pronounce (anything with Kh in is out of the question).

22.Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?
Ibrahim. Again it has a good meaning and a lovely ring to it.

23. Would you ever consider living abroad?
I consider it everyday.

24.What do you want GOD to say to you when you reach the pearly gates?
That He is pleased with me.

25. 4 people who must also do this meme in their journal.
Anyone who is interested.

9 comments:

Alina said...

Loved your advice about picking names :) I would add to that my own hate factor: you must be sure the name will please the child later on:)

Glad you liked it enough do actully do it, Safiya! See you around.

Rain said...

Vladamir Putin. He is a very small man.


I didn't get this part, u mean his age??

Sarah said...

pretty intersting answers indeed..

~Daydreamer~ said...

Salam Safiya :) How are you dear? I'm doing this tag as well (read it on Alina's blog) :) Great answers btw and let me see you again on my blog.

Wonderer said...

Nice answers safiya:)

Just a quick question, maybe I missed that on one of your old posts, where do you live? or where are you from? Just curios:)

luckyfatima said...

yes the baby name thing is always a fun topic :)

Wonderer said...

I thought that I have posted a comment here before!! didn't I?... strange, maybe I am hallucinating:)

Anyway, I enjoyed reading your answers:)

Safiya said...

Rain - No, I meant his height, he is tiny! There is a thing called "Small Man Syndrome" where a small man has an inferiority complex about his height which leads him to try and assert his authority all the time.

Fatima - I remember the post you did on baby names. It's another tricky topic for converts I think.

Marwa- I will pop over soon I think ;)

Alina- You are the blogging don and therefore must be obeyed lol!

Sarah - Why, thank you, kind lady.

Wonderer- I will blog about this soon, hopefully

Me said...

I love the name Nour... my niece is called Nour ... adn she is such an adorable baby mashAllah :)