Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Inner Muslim, Outer Muslim

When I started this, I thought that I would write a lot about Islam and being Muslim on it.
However, when I think of stuff I want to blog, it's not usually related to those matters and I was wondering why.

I came to the conclusion that because, at the moment, this isn't a very personal blog (I don't blog about family, work e.t.c.), anything Islamic would be related to world events.

At the moment I can't relate to those events. I can't understand why Sunni are killing Shia and vice versa in Iraq, how grown men can think it is at all acceptable to kidnap a woman and excute her just for her profession, how (admittedly very few) British Muslims can hold banners saying they want another 7/7 and just the constant lies told about our religion by people who really haven't got a clue. You can give me the reasons behind these things but I don't understand them.

Most of all I can't relate these perceptions of Islam to my daily practice of the religion. Maybe it's because, Alhamdulilah I have a comfortable life but these things make no sense to me as a Muslim.

I tried to find a better site for the third link, but all I could find on Google were a ton of anti-islamic sites praising her. I rest my case.

6 comments:

Hajar said...

I don't watch the news at all, for the same reason...so much negativity! Blog about things that make you happy, there's nothing wrong with that.

Hajar said...

Salaam, I moved to
http://azadaar.blogspot.com

Maxxed`ouT said...

Oh dear God i happened to be in London that one Friday and after the prayer there was this anti-danish manifestation .
The least i could say it was scandlous !
Banners like "Europe u'll come crawling when mujahdeen will come roaring" and "Europe ur 9/11 will come " .. scarry i mean SCARRY hidious people dressed in black from head to toe and holding black flags .. they looked like messengers of death i swear .. one even was dressed up as a kamikaze !
ALLAH AKBAR never hurt my ears b4 that day :S
I've always had mixed feelings after every terrorist attack here or there ... but that day , for the first time in my life , and God knows how hard that is for me to say , i was ashamed of being a muslim !

Maxxed`ouT said...

It was around that time that i wrote that bit "SOS Islam" btw

The Neurocentric said...

Because we are Muslim it does not mean that we have to talk about Islam 24/7. In fact it may well be good dawah not to - it shows that we are a little bit normal. I am starting to have the opposite thoughts... how do I blog about other things? I am starting to worry about writing about Islam again in case, through my ignorance, I mislead people. On the other hand my visitors do not agree with me. This is one I cannot balance yet. My advice: give yourself time.

Anonymous said...

Sister, things are a little more murky than they appear, I'm afraid. These articles were written by the Assistant Secretary of the Treasury in the Reagan administration. It's disturbing stuff, I must warn you, but it will open your eyes.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article14531.htm

and:
http://www.kavkazcenter.com/eng/content/2006/08/18/5323.shtml