Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I could be wrong...

My predictions for the Women's Figure Skating are:

Gold: Irina Slutskaya
Silver: Sasha Cohen
Bronze: Shizuka Arakawa

Sasha Cohen is in fabulous form, but I think Irina will really go for it as this is her last chance of an Olympic title. Plus, she has the chance of being the first Russian woman to win gold in this discipline.

I love watching the Japanese skaters though. They have this ethereal quality to their skating which is just beautiful to watch. Also, they do not punch their fists in the air after completing their programme (I'm looking at you, Cohen), which is horribly unladylike behaviour.

One to watch for the future is Elene Gedevanishvili from Georgia. To get the correct spelling of her name, I had to go here. If you click on the names, you get a profile of the competitor. Most skaters look like they've escaped from a Young Offender's Institution/Orphanage, expect for Sasha Cohen, who in her picture, looks like the sort of girl you hated in school.

1 comment:

Hajar said...

Salaam Alaikum. ;) Looks like you're still into the sport of your preference.