Sunday, January 29, 2006

I've used up all my tissues..

... as I have a cold. Today has been mostly spent on the sofa. Watched Unleashed
on DVD. It was a lot better than I expected, with Jet Li really getting a chance to show off his acting skills for once. The fight scenes were really well choreographed, but that's to be expected as Yuen Woo Ping was the choreographer.

I read a really good post on UmmZaid's blog about adaib. She compares learning the intricacies of adaib to the traditional ways martial arts masters trained their students. This is a really interesting metaphor and has given me a new way of looking at this. Insha Allah this will help me improve my adaib in the future.

3 comments:

Shirazi said...

How did you convert? Please throw some light on thta. Will you?

sume said...

I recently watch Unleashed being a huge Jet Li fan and loved it. I think my favorite was Once Upon a Time in China. (*ehem pre-hollywood) I still love those series of movies.

I hope you're cold goes away quickly, insha'Allah. Hehe, UmmZ always posts some of the most interesting things. I don't know how she does it.

Alina said...

I've also seen Unleashed at the cinema a few weeks ago. It was quite impressive actually. As for your cold, get well soon!